So you’ve considered everything on this checklist and now you’re ready to adopt some rats?
Here are a few steps you can take to expedite the process:
- Do your research: Although there is a lot of misinformation out there, please do some research and keep an open mind about who your perfect rat will be with regard to size, sex and colors.
- Write down your questions.
- **Fill out an application application. Please let us know ahead of time (i.e. in your application/email) whether you need anything from us such as a used cage or food. Depending on supply at the time, we will be happy to help you get what you need. Cage prices depend on size and condition. Food is nominally priced.
- Once your application is submitted, the appropriate foster home will contact you to make arrangements.
- Have a transport cage ready (if you’re picking up) and have a new cage ready at home so that your rat can have a new home right away!
**It is important to us that your first step is to turn in an adoption application. Most of the time the answers to your questions will vary depending on your situation and your location, so until we have all the facts (your application) we can’t answer your questions. Thank you for your understanding.